Friday, April 22, 2011

[100 facts about me.]

Part 2 of 4.

1. I have small toes and I consider them my best feature. Between my 2nd and 3rd toes on both feet the separation between those toes does not go down as far as all of my other toes. E refers to them as "web" toes.

2. I have zero tolerance for emotional games. I hate passive aggressiveness and manipulation to get what a person wants or to cause another person to feel guilty. Be honest with your emotions and feelings with me so that I know where I stand and I can correct anything that I have done wrong. I might not like what you have to say, but I respect honesty.

3. I cannot leave the house without earrings in my ears. I feel naked without them.

4. If we could afford it, I would want a pool in my backyard so that I could swim laps every day in the summer. This might explain why I have web toes.

5. I wish I were more skilled at make-up and hair. I have always wanted to be able to have hair that is cut in a really cool shape and do a "smokey" eye and have flawless make-up. You know, like the "grown-up" women who look so put together in their cute clothes, heels and amazing hair and make-up. But whenever I have tried I end up looking like a clown with freaky hair.

6. I am extremely afraid of severe weather, but I have learned to control my fear and stay calm since I have had a child. Inside, though, my heart is always racing at the threat of what is to come.

7. My right eye won't open as wide as my left eye. It becomes even more evident when I am really tired.

8. If I could, I would get a massage every week. Nothing relaxes me more or releases the tension in my shoulders better.

9. I clench my teeth in my sleep when I am stressed. In fact, I have clenched so hard during some very stressful times that I have broken one of my back teeth in half all the way to the bone.

10. I have never had braces (I have very straight teeth) and I have never had a cavity. :)

11. I enjoy wearing a little bling whether it be diamond studs or sparkly shoes. Sparkle makes me smile.

12. I really want a pair of red high heels to wear with jeans and skirts because I think they are so sassy and the perfect pop of color for any outfit, but my right foot was injured by a can a few years ago and prevents me from wearing most high heels. :(

13. My favorite sound is Brett's laugh when he really gets tickled. It is awesome and always makes me laugh. :)

14. I love old bookprint, newspapers, paper, cards, etc. I love how it feels and smells. I can see so many ways to reuse it.

15. My favorite game is Scrabble (and Bananagrams because it's pretty much the same).

16. One of my best memories of all times is when my Granny let me bake my first cake all by myself. She gave me the recipe, told me where the ingredients and utensils were, told me to ask questions if I needed to and then left the room. I couldn't believe that she trusted me that much. It was awesome!!! She was so amazing.

17. I sometimes wish that we dressed like the women in the 50's and 60's. They always looked so put together and polished in their dresses. And, let's face it, those dresses were so flattering no matter what your shape.

18. If you gave me a choice between vegetables or fruits, I would choose vegetables. I will take a plate of steamed broccoli over strawberries any day. I like fruit. I just like veggies better.

19. My favorite relaxing activity is reading. I love getting lost in a good book, but I seldom have the time to read. If I start a book, I don't want to stop reading it until I get to the end.

20. My idea of a perfect meal is a chili cheese coney with onions, no mustard and fritos.

21. My favorite piece of jewelry that I wear every day is my Granny's wedding set. It reminds me of how happy my grandparents were and how much they loved each other. Inspires me to be the best wife I can be and look forward to all of the happy years ahead with my sweet man.

22. I have a very large stash of candles. I really enjoy the warmth and scent that burning candles bring to a home. I always light one or several when I'm stressed or need to pray. They help me to refocus and be calm in the moment.

23. I have often wondered if I am adopted. I don't think I look much like anyone in my family. I am the only one with fair skin, freckles, and blondish, reddish, brownish hair. But my parents tell me I am really theirs. I'm not sure I believe them.

24. I battle daily internally to control things that I would never want others to see in me. The days I succeed are the ones that I am letting the Spirit lead me.

25. I have always had a crush on Tom Selleck. Ever since Magnum, P.I. And, I pretty much will watch anything that he is in. I don't know if it's the moustache or the laugh or the smile or the eyes. Probably all of the above. If I ever met him, I'm pretty sure I would not be able to speak coherently.

3 comments:

nellie rae said...

3. You’re always so put together! I wish I was more like this!
4. I wish you had a pool in your back yard too!
5. You ALWAYS look put together! i’m jealous of your fashion sense.
11. me too!
12. LOVE RED HEELS! Makes me feel sassy!
13. I love Brett’s laugh too.
18. sometimes I only eat vegetables to see what my body will do.
22. love your house and candles!!! Your house feels like “home” to me!
25. Tom Selleck? Really? baha hahah aha haha haahahaaa! This is awesome!

Lisa Howe said...

1. No way, your toes are nice, I am sure, but your smile is better. Which brings me to #10, Your smile is lovely. You have very nice teeth, but even better, when you smile it really makes your eyes sparkle. You have a very warm and genuine smile.

Lisa Howe said...

Oh rats! Most important, #25. I have totally had a crush on Tom Selleck since his Magnum PI days. Drool! It must be our generation.