Thursday, April 21, 2011

[100 facts about me.]

Part 1 of 4.

1. I have always secretly wanted to be the funny one. But, sadly I'm not. I usually end up trying too hard and fall flat on my face.

2. I have a love affair with fonts that can neither be explained or understood fully.

3. I am a sensitive person which is one of my greatest strengths and one of my greatest weaknesses.

4. I love old movies (30's, 40's, 50's, 60's). They make me smile big.

5. I love organizing stuff. Rooms, closets, drawers, etc. I like having everything in its "place." Unfortunately though my rooms, closets and drawers can look a bit chaotic at times.

6. I have to have to do lists for my day or I will not be productive and I will fritter the day away.

7. I have high expectations of myself and I feel like I am constantly disappointed.

8. I know for a fact that God is forever faithful and works ALL things to His glory.

9. Up until junior high I didn't really have any friends. In fact, in grade school there was a group of girls that were extremely mean to me and made me cry. I was often lonely and sad.

10. The first thing that I fell in love with Brett was his sense of humor. He can always make me laugh. I'm a sucker for a boy who makes me laugh.

11. I cannot refuse Girl Scouts or Boy Scouts that come to my door selling cookies and candy. I just can't. They are always so polite, cute and intent in their purpose.

12. My answer to every problem big or small is chocolate. As well as for every celebration.

13. I admire both my brothers' abilities to go up and talk to anyone. I struggle with that so much. I have to literally have a whole conversation in my head before I can make myself go and talk to someone I don't know or that I don't know well. It makes me very uncomfortable. I'm always afraid of saying the wrong thing or looking like a fool.

14. My favorite kind of days are cloudy or rainy days. I always feel like I get so much done on those days. I know. I'm weird.

15. I have always wanted to travel to Italy, France and Greece. I am infatuated with the history, architecture and unbelievable beauty of it all.

16. I have always wanted to learn sign language. It is such a beautiful language to me. I think it would be so cool to be an interpreter or teach sign language.

17. I am a creative junkie. I love to make things from bits and pieces of paper or fabric or recycled materials. I love the satisfaction of creating something new and the sense of accomplishment that it brings.

18. I have always been a bit of a perfectionist, but am constantly learning to let go of control of things. As I've gotten older I have gotten better at this. Unfortunately, I imparted that perfectionist attitude to my daughter and have had to teach her that everything doesn't have to be perfect. Ahhhh, the mistakes of the parent manifested in the child.

19. I am a night owl. I love the quiet of night. I can think so much more clearly later in the day. I prefer to sleep in and do mindless tasks in the morning. But, alas, life doesn't really work that way and neither does my husband. :)

20. I am entertained daily by my family. I never know what is going to come out of their mouths and usually it is something that makes me laugh or smile.

21. I would like to have a career doing something creative, but I am much better at numbers and administrative tasks. Plus there's the whole fear of failure thing.

22. I love mysteries. My favorite books are mysteries. My favorite tv programs are mystery type programs (i.e. CSI, Burn Notice, Psych, Castle, Criminal Minds, Chuck, etc.). I love the supsense and figuring out whodunit.

23. Insecurity is my biggest enemy. Even though I may seem confident and self-assured, I can assure you that I am insecure. My biggest fear is that I don't matter to someone. God constantly has to teach me that I matter to the most important One of all.

24. If I could get away with it, I would pretty much wear Toms every single day. Oh wait. I almost can do that. :)

25. Nothing makes me feel more like an adult than stopping at QT for a soda whenever I want to. Silly. I know. But it's true.

3 comments:

Lisa Howe said...

The only ones that surprised me on this list were 9, 13 and 23. I look forward to the rest of your list. This exercise is not as easy as it sounds! Fun stuff.

nellie rae said...

1. You make me laugh all the time. YOU BEING YOU IS HILARIOUS!
2. Me too. very much.
3. I want this strength and weakness.
5. I want this talent too!
10. I’m a sucker for funny boys too.
13. You are AMAZING with this! you need to give yourself more credit! If you wouldn’t have met me in the bathroom…my life would be forever sad!
14. I always want to call in sick and sleep in on these days!
15. ME TOO ME TOO! when you go, take me.
17. And you are BRILLIANT! You need a TV show!
22. You need to watch THE KILLING on AMC! Kenner and I are addicted.
25. Hahaa! this is funny! I feel the same way! I think it’s because growing up it was such a treat to get things at the gas station because funds were limited! I love this!

Heather said...

You will fritter the day away. I love that. I love you with a list... and love the thought of you frittering. :-)