Saturday, April 23, 2011

[100 facts about me.]

Part 3 of 4.

1. Nothing and no one has amazed me like God has. What He has done in my life and the lives of others is beyond my comprehension.

2. I tend to tear up easily over happy or sad things. I even cry at commercials. Sometimes, I find it very frustrating that I can cry so easily.

3. I HATE to argue. If you enjoy arguing for fun and try to argue with me, I will shut down and not talk. I will not argue for sport or debate with you. In my mind, it does not serve any purpose. If you want to share ideas with each other, I'm all for that. But, I won't debate or argue my stance with you.

4. I have broken both of my littlest toes. One I broke twice and the other one once. Gracefulness is certainly not one of my skills. Good thing I never wanted to be a dancer. But, I kinda wanted to be a gymnast at one point. Just for a moment.

5. If I am angry with someone or disagree with someone and need to talk things through with that person, I will get very quiet and talk slowly because I am trying to choose my words very carefully. I don't want to say something in the heat of anger that I will regret later.

6. I almost always sneeze in 3's. Don't know why, but I do.

7. I tend to be very trusting of people. I usually always look for the good in others until I have a reason not to. And, even then, I still want to see good in them.

8. I {heart} wood grain in almost all forms. Real wood, fake wood, contact paper, printed paper, rubber stamps, etc. Something about it just makes me smile.

9. I am completely blown away by Abbey's artistic abilities!!! The way she thinks and sees things astounds me. She is so fearless in her art and photography and I love that. She inspires me. all. the. time.

10. I cry almost every time we sing in worship. The words always get to me and I feel like God is speaking specifically to me through song. My heart just feels like it is going to burst wide open. I love the intimacy of praise for my Father.

11. Life art is a big part of me. I want to tell my story and the stories of my family. What we believe, how we lived, what was important to us, our faith journeys, etc. I love documenting it all with pictures and words.

12. I have had the following jobs: receptionist for a photographer, sales clerk, front desk personnel, receptionist, operations manager, auto paint repair, administrative assistant, and mom (my favorite one).

13. I exercise regularly but generally don't really "love" it. However, I am now doing yoga and I must say I really really LOVE it!!! I have never felt so good. I love how it releases tension, stretches and lengthens me and seems to help my joints feel healthier.

14. My one true addiction is chocolate. I RARELY miss a day of having some form of chocolate. And, it has to be dark chocolate. No milk chocolate allowed. Thank you very much.

15. When I was younger, I always dreamed that I would live in the country and own horses when I grew up and that I would ride them every day. I'm not sure when the dream changed. Maybe when I realized how much work it is to take care of them.......

16. I really really wish sometimes that we didn't have email. I would love to send and receive mail more often than I do. There is something about getting a note or letter in the mail. It's intimate. Personal. It's like a little surprise just for you. Nobody else. And, especially not for the 50 other people listed in the address line of the email.

17. I have always wanted to be able to sew like my mother. She can literally look at something and just make it. It's crazy. I have neither the skill or the patience that she has. I always wanted to be able to make clothes and cool things for my home but my skills are pretty limited. I guess it might have helped if I had enjoyed sewing in the first place.....

18. My favorite gifts received are handmade ones. That someone would take the time to make me something makes me feel incredibly special.

19. I am the oldest of 3 children.

20. I could not have made it through 2010 without E or Nellie by my side. They helped me to endure, stay focused, and not give up hope. I am forever indebted to them both and love them greatly. They are both gifts from God.

21. My deepest daily desire is to be closer to God. I want to find Him in every day and have an intimate relationship with Him. I have learned that I can't find Him in the word only, but in everything around me. He is constantly working around me, through me, and through others. He is everywhere!!! I just have to keep my eyes open for Him.

22. I played basketball in grade school and my dad wanted me to play in junior high, then high school and then college. But, basketball practice was at the same time as a math class that I wanted to take. I chose math. And thus, there went all my dad's dreams of me being a basketball star. Sorry, dad.

23. I collect buttons. I have for years. And, I have the jars upon jars to prove it. But, in all fairness, I do use the buttons in my art and various projects. So, they are given happy new homes. :)

24. To this day, I cannot parallel park. I will walk 10 blocks before I will try and parallel park.

25. If I start playing solitaire on the computer or a handheld electronic version, then my day is toast!!! I cannot stop playing!!! I always think, "Just one more game." It's crazy.

2 comments:

Lisa Howe said...

#7... I can see you trusting a little too much, but you also don't want to be jaded and distrustful, so you have to keep doing it!
#22 I love your beautiful button flowers. So creative and special!

nellie rae said...

2. I love this about you. I love that you’re heart is so big that emotion overcomes you. I know it can be frustrating, but it’s one of my favorite things about you – that you feel so intensely. It’s awesome, and I believe it’s because of your relationship with God, and his love in and through every part of you. EMBRACE THIS. it’s been God’s light to me in so many ways!

9. me too. she’s disgusting. And awesome. gets it from her momma AND dad.

14. your bad habits have overcome me!

15. I didn’t even know you liked horses! lol! (which reminds me, I haven’t seen a fact about how much you despise dogs!)

20. *tear* 2010 was ROUGH! Holy shmolie! Let’s not go back there! Thank God we had each other!!!!!!

22. mathlete!!!! LoL! I hope you had jerseys! (insert jealousy here that you even like math).

24. ME TOOOOOOO. Pack a lunch cuz we’re WALKING.

25. good thing I don’t have to pay all of my solitaire debts…