Tuesday, August 19, 2008

the 80's are alive and well...and so is Rick Springfield





























So, my birthday was August 14th and my sweet husband got me tickets to see Rick Springfield on my birthday. [He felt pretty clever for that one. Way to go, honey!] I wasn't quite sure what to expect. After all, Rick is almost 60. [His bday is August 23rd - sound familiar, Nellie?] I didn't know if he would still be rockin' or not. He is. In fact, he is in extremely good shape and can play the electric guitar like nobody's business. Actually, he played like 5 or 6 different ones and threw some of them almost to the ceiling and cAugHt them. And, his voice? The same. When he sang Jessie's Girl...WOW! Sounded just like I remember. He totally roCkEd! He had more energy than I would've ever expected. Love his new CD by the way. Yes, that's right folks, he's making music again. Venus In Overdrive. Definitely worth a listen to. Oh yeah, Rick's still alive and well. :)

2 comments:

nellie rae said...

welcome back Geeg! so fun to see your fun birthday night! Brett gets big time points for that how fun! i LOVE that song Jessie's Girl. It's one of Mike's favorites too! Yae. So fun.

amy said...

Rick Springfield is REALLY almost 60? Holy cow!