Thursday, August 20, 2009

hello 44.


it's official. i'm 44. last friday was like any other day. busy with work. busy being a mom. busy with daily chores. oh, and did i mention i turned 44? even though it was an ordinary day i was blessed with sweet bday phone calls, cards, emails and some awesome homemade gifts. gotta love the homemade gifts. first up, the darling owl {i heart owls} felted wool purse from lisa lou that now holds my camera. lisa is amazing at knitting and felting. not to mention freehand stitching. yes, i said freehand stitching. so jealous.


next up, homemade strawberry freezer jam from my brother from another mother, timmy. oh my goodness. yummy doesn't even describe it. bliss maybe? i don't know. must make some more soon!!!


the next gift is not homemade, but makes me very very happy indeed. {please excuse the number of photos. e wanted to see what it all looked like.} i've been wanting to redo the bedding in my bedroom forevah! i found this awesome comforter, shams and turquoise pillow at target. i called brett and he said go for it. he bought me the comforter and shams and my sweet abbey bought me the turquoise pillow that i've been eyeing for about a year and half. i heart it all so much.










as if the turquoise pillow wasn't enough from my sweet child, she decided to make me 2 more adorable pillows to complete the look. she made me a round brown felt pillow with a red flower on top made up of freehand petals sewed on individually. absolutely amazing beyond belief!!! and then she made a pillow that looks like a log. yes, i said a log. we're big fans of woodgrain and trees around here. it is sooooooo cool!!! the pictures do not do these pillows justice. i can't believe how creative she is. she just blows my mind away. oh, and did i mention all of it was done freehand???? no patterns. she's icky cool that way. fearless. i admire her so much.





okay, and last but not least. remember my 43 list???


well, i certainly didn't complete everything on my list by my 44th birthday, but that wasn't really the point for me. it wasn't just a checklist, but rather a way to get me to grow and expand and really {do} some of the things that i've always wanted to do. i'll continue to work on the list until i feel like i've accomplished what i want and then i'll start a new list. it's been a great experience and one i want to do again for sure.
okay, there you go folks. the beginnings of a new year. who knows what it will bring. all i know is i'm ready. bring it on.

3 comments:

amy said...

Your bedding looks amazing!!!! It's not what I had pictured in my mind at all! I can't wait to see it in person!

Anonymous said...

I love your new bedding! So nice! Of course you have fabulous taste. :o) Abbeys creations are beautiful. Glad you had a special day and gots lots of nice thoughts and gizmos to make you smile. You deserve it! Love you! Lisa Howe

nellie rae said...

love love lOvE your bedding! very VERY COOL! and you're doubley lucky to have such a creative daughter who totally added the love to the new bed! very cool Geeg - totally you. i bet it looks FANTASTIC!
love your 43 book.
love it when you blog.
you look BEAUTIFUL in your pics. lovin' the new hairdo. its so adoreable!

miss n love you Geeg. talk to you soon!