Wednesday, January 5, 2011

it's that time . . . .

the beginning of a new year. and, time for me to choose my word for the year. i've been thinking and praying about this word for a while now. i really want God to guide me in my focus this year. and i keep coming back over and over to "intentional." it really encompasses what is deep in my heart this year. my desire to be intentional with the relationships in my life with my Father, my husband, my daughter, my parents, my brothers, my in-laws, my friends. my desire to be intentional in studying the word and really living it. my desire to be intentional in my prayers, my actions, my thoughts, my words. my desire to be intentional in bringing God glory in all that i do.

God brought me this verse today after i decided on this word......

"As for you, my son Solomon, know the God of your father, and serve Him with a whole heart and a willing mind; for the Lord searches all hearts, and understands every intent of the thoughts. If you seek Him, He will let you find Him; but if you forsake Him, He will reject you forever." ~ I Chronicles 28:9

that says it all. He knows my heart and my intent. i want to live an intentional life for Him. one that will glorify Him. one that will show others Him living in me.

intentional.

1 comment:

nellie rae said...

*chills* love it. love that scripture!