Monday, February 2, 2009

Happy Groundhog Day!!!


My family {heart} this movie. We watch it EVERY Groundhog Day. Yes, I know. It's kinda repetitive and you wonder if Phil's day is ever going to end. But, it has the best message. No matter what is thrown at you {keep moving forward}. Don't get stuck in a rut. Don't give up. Don't always stay the same. Be willing to grow. Expand yourself. Step out on faith. Trust.

So, by now, you're probably wondering where I'm going with all of this. Well, each year I choose a word that keeps me focused for the year on what is important to me. One of my very favorite life artists, Ali Edwards, started this exercise of choosing a word for the year and this is my 4th year to participate. I have a link to Ali's blog on my sidebar. Check her out. She is wonderful at inspiring people to share their stories through pictures and words. Anyway, my word for this year is {forward}. Why forward? Because last year I felt like I lost momentum. I was just still. Paralyzed really. I wasn't moving forward and I wasn't moving backwards. Just still. Not really doing anything. This quote kinda sums it up for me:

"To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all." ~ Oscar Wilde

That's it in a nutshell. I was just existing. Nothing more. Nothing less. I don't want to live that way this year. I let things paralyze me last year. If I didn't meet my own expectations, then I was paralyzed to move forward. If I failed at something, then I let that keep me from trying again. If I was overwhelmed by projects, then I just stopped. Not this year. This year I will be LivInG! I am so excited about this word!!! I wake up every morning and the first thought that comes to mind is {forward}. Moving forward in my spiritual growth, in my relationship with God, in my personal relationships, in my aspirations, in my goals, in my health, and in my career. I have so much I want to accomplish this year and I love that my word has motion to it. I won't allow myself to become a spectator of life this year, but to engage and be a part. And, believe it or not I've already put some things into motion that will help me to achieve some of my goals this year.

Strangely enough all of this forward motion has brought me great peace. Maybe because even when I don't meet a goal or an expectation for the day or the week or the month I let it go....and just keep moving forward. So, if you don't hear from me very often on my blog, don't worry. Just know that I'm busy moving {FORWARD}.

1 comment:

amy said...

Welcome Back!!!!!

I am so excited that you blogged and even more excited that you read blogs!!! I really missed your comments on my blog!